The main purpose of your commercial building’s HVAC unit is to help you lower your overall heating and cooling costs every month. Unfortunately, with all the hustle and bustle involved with running a business, not a lot of business owners realize how much energy they waste every year through the mistakes they make, resulting in higher energy bills.
In this post, air conditioning repair experts Broom Heating & Air Conditioning list the five common commercial HVAC mistakes that can waste energy.
- Failing to Properly Utilize Programmable Thermostats – One of the common commercial HVAC mistakes that businesses tend to make is their failure to properly utilize their programmable thermostats, which causes their energy bills to spike up every month. To prevent this, be sure to program your thermostat to your actual heating and cooling bills so you can turn the heating and cooling down when your employees leave so you can save up on both HVAC and electrical energy.
- Not Repairing the HVAC – Ignoring the repairs your HVAC unit needs can cost you a significant amount in the long run. This is because not only are you wasting energy but doing so can also cause further damage to the HVAC system, which will cost more to repair. With that in mind, when you see the first sign of damage on your HVAC unit, contact an HVAC contractor to have it fixed immediately.
- Overheating or Overcooling the Building – On the other hand, another mistake that business owners tend to make is overheating or overcooling their building. This occurs when you have your heating or air conditioning turned up too high, resulting in wasted energy.
- Not Changing the Filters – According to experts, you need to replace your furnace and air conditioning system’s filters at least every three months. Otherwise, it can affect the HVAC unit’s overall efficiency. With that in mind, be sure to change the HVAC’s filters to help it maintain its maximum efficiency and prevent your system from sustaining damage.
- Not Upgrading the Unit – Believe it or not, failing to replace your current HVAC unit to a more energy efficient one can cost you more compared to the one time investment of an upgrade. This is because if your system isn’t as energy efficient as it used to be, it can cause your energy bills to be higher instead of helping you reduce your energy costs. By upgrading your unit, you’ll soon see a nice return on investment with the amount you managed to save.
Need a professional to help you maintain your commercial building’s HVAC system? Simply turn to Broom Heating & Air Conditioning, your leading experts when it comes to heating and air conditioning installation services. Give us a call at (803) 754-9409 or fill out our contact form to request a quote.